- Benjamin Waisbren is the principal of Virtually There LLC d/b/a “Ben Waisbren & Associates”, which advises media companies and firms involved in distressed situations.
- Over the past 15 years within the media sector, Ben managed investments in screened entertainment totalling more than $2 billion in production financing and private equity and was the Executive Producer for over 40 films.
- He was on the supervisory board of pan-European Film Distribution company Wild Bunch AG, the German-listed, Paris-based award-winning film co-production and distribution company for, 10 years.
- Before and after his retirement from the global law firm Winston & Strawn LLP in 2017, he was engaged by the U.S. Department of Justice in the 1Malaysia Development Berhad money laundering matter (arising out of a theft of public funds involving the Prime Minister of Malaysia) as a film industry expert and financial advisor, and later served for a year as the Chief Restructuring Officer and CEO of a nanotechnology company that he led through a Chapter 11 case and its sale as a going concern to a global company.
- Earlier in his career, he was a national bankruptcy lawyer at Lord, Bissell & Brook (now Locke Lord), which led to a career in investment banking (as Managing Director at Salomon Brothers Inc. ) and special situation and private equity investing and structured finance, and as President of Continental Entertainment Capital, a direct subsidiary of Citigroup.
- Mr. Waisbren received his B.A. from Boston University (1979) and his J.D. from the University of Wisconsin (1982).
© VISTAS MEDIA ACQUISITION COMPANY INC.